Thursday 25 August 2011

June 2011

(Owen 2 Years - Lucy 7 Months)

In June we began settling into more of a routine and of course we went to the zoo several times to see the new Penguin Beach which just opened. We purchased an annual membership to the London Zoo because it is approximately a 10 - 15 minute walk from our place.  Owen loves the carousel, the playground and the splash pad.






We celebrated father's day with a not so great brunch at what I thought was an American style diner, but turned out I was wrong.  Why didn't we just stick with Harry Morgan's?

As you can see Owen is cooperating for the Father's Day Picture.


Lucy has started eating some finger foods and loving every minute!

We hired a part-time British nanny who comes two mornings a week to watch the kids. Owen and Lucy both love Lauren and so do I!  It gives me some time to explore London, go to the gym, or run errands. We have gotten some sitters on the weekend to go out to dinner alone, try some new restaurants, and have some adult conversation!

I have joined the St. John's Wood Women's Club and a Wednesday morning playgroup for the kids.  We have met some great mum's and kids though the playdates and look forward seeing them all again after the summer holiday.

Now that the upheaval of the move and settling in is over I finally had a chance to start focusing on my photography again.  I have been trying to dedicate every Friday when Lauren is here to shooting and trying something new with my camera / editing.  I have been calling them "Photo Shoot Fridays."  I have also been taking some online workshops and classes with www.lynda.com and Willette eWorkshops.  I am excited that I am seeing some improvement in my work....so stay tuned...this year is about learning and practicing!

Here were some of the photo shoot fridays from June.

Our bedroom in London has some of the best natural light!













Primrose Park



No comments:

Post a Comment