Thursday 24 November 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving has me feeling a little homesick for the first time since we arrived in London. I miss a day with family, food and American football.  Today Drew worked, Owen went to school and it seemed like your typical Thursday.  Even though we are far away from extended family, I am so thankful today and everyday for my sweet little family. I have two healthy and happy children and an amazing husband who is also an amazing father.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

While Lucy was napping this morning I made pumpkin whoopie pies for dessert, a little more adventerous than pumpkin pie and they tasted fabulous! I think this may become our new Thanksgiving dessert tradition....bye bye pumpkin pie!  



This is what my fridge looked like today. This is also the size of my fridge and I feed a family of four from this tiny vessel...it is an exact science.

Here is the turkey ready to go!  We got ourselves a 10 pounder that cost us £49 which is the equivalent of about $60!

Here is the stuffing ready to go!  Yes, it's lazy but frankly I don't care.

In the oven!  Looking good!


Daddy giving Thanksgiving hugs!

The bird is done and it looks good!



Owen AND Lucy both decided not to take naps this afternoon.  Owen is exhausted and in full tantrum mode.  I am amazed I put together an entire thanksgiving meal with these two underfoot.

Lucy was ready to eat!

She ate everything on her plate and then kicked back to relax. There are no pictures of Owen at the table because he never sat down with us.  Par for the course.





No comments:

Post a Comment