Tuesday 22 November 2011

The making of a xmas card

Every year it is the same dilemma...what to do for our annual Christmas card? I try to be creative and make each year something special for our kids to look back on. I have started framing the card each year so that we will have a framed copy on display during the holidays, and someday we should have quite a collection!

Each year it is the same struggle...trying to get the kids to sit and look at the camera so that my card will resemble the image I have created in my mind. It takes bribes of marshmallows and a very patient assistant (Thank you Drew!!) It is stressful and there are tantrums....but each year I am glad we made the effort :) The entire photo shoot usually only lasts about 15 to 20 minutes, that is the attention span right now.

It starts with an idea and two t-shirts....

...and then we add two cute models!

The shoot looks pretty much like this the whole time.  Poor Drew was sweating by the time we finished.


Just when we thought we had them both sitting....Lucy takes off!

Drew making adjustments on Lucy's shirt.

Finally!!!

There was one more piece to the card.  I had envisioned two pictures on our card this year.  One of the kids with their union jack t-shirts and the other was of the family in the classic Abbey Road picture from the Beatles album because we live so close to this landmark!
  

When my parents were here visiting in October I knew we needed to take advantage of having a photographer and we headed to Abbey Road early on Sunday morning...where there would hopefully be lighter traffic.  It is amazing how many tourists you see here trying to replicate the exact picture and it is also amazing how annoyed the traffic gets with this obvious roadblock! That being said, this was the best picture we could get.  We wanted a shot that was straight on but I wasn't willing to risk my father's life in the middle of the road for our xmas card!

Our first attempt.....not so good.  Nice red car in the background :(

Then with a little photoshop action, I added the sign...just in case people didn't quite get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment