Tuesday 14 February 2012

Photography Workshop - Studio Portraits

Yesterday I redeemed my Christmas present from my wonderful husband! I received an amazing photography studio portrait all day workshop while my husband stayed home and watched both children!! The workshop just happened to fall on half term school break...so no school for Owen...whoops :) Drew did great with the kids all day and I had a fabulous time out in the English countryside.  The workshop I took was "lighting for little ones" with The Trained Eye. It was an excellent workshop and I highly recommend their courses.

We started off the morning talking a little about the business side of the portrait photography business and then they brought in our maternity model for practice. Then in the afternoon after our hot lunch they brought in a family with a 2.5 yr old and a 7 month old for some practice on the kiddos! I must admit the studio lighting was not as complex as I thought it would be, you could create a studio in any small space in your home :) It was a great experience and I even got some great shots!

Here were some of my favorite maternity shots.













Here were some of my favorite family/kid shots.










No comments:

Post a Comment